Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Glenn FaceBeck Incident

So Glenn Beck on Tuesday basically said God does not call anyone to anger or vengeance ever and people that were going nuts over at the Bundy ranch are revolutionaries or hate mongers and should unlike him on Facebook.

I am disappointed at Glenn's choice of words.  I do believe it is time for a change and if revolution is the way, so be it.  What I am more disappointed in is Glenn's apparent belief that he knows scripture in such a way that he knows what God desires better than the rest of us.

I would hope recalls Nahum, "God is jealous, and the LORD revengeth; the LORD revengeth, and is furious; the LORD will take vengeance on his adversaries, and he reserveth wrath for his enemies.  Genesis 1:26-27 clearly supports that God made man in his image, that we should be rules, like God, with a more Earthly dominion.  It would therefore not be far reaching to assume that men, like their Creator, tend to be jealous and vengeful.

Elijah and Moses both were commanded to put people to death.  In Joshua  11, God forced the hearts of the enemies to fight the Israelites so they would be "completely and mercilessly destroyed". Glenn probably did not formulate his message as well as he would have liked, but I am sure his intentions were pure of heart.  God wants spiritual men to judge each other.  If we see wickedness in the behavior of others, it is not wrong to point it out.  It does not matter if it s a politician or a fellow parishioner.  Remember Malachi, "discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth GOD and him that serveth him not."


I clearly admit, I am waiting for a revolution.  I began discussing it with academics back in 1991.  I also thought with the Bundy situation that it will just be one shot fired and the third American revolution will have started and the thought scared me.  As much as I want to save this country and am sick of the progressives, the thought of war and millions of death I am sure would be an acquired taste.  I have no doubts I would step up to the plate and embrace it because, I am a son of a God that views war as a means to an end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment